Witches are known as men or women who have the natural ability to wield magic (Witchcraft). While many witches are the self-proclaimed "Keepers of the Balance," other witches have been known to work against the Balance and use their power for personal gain.
Spirit Magic Edit
Spirit Magic was a form of witchcraft that called upon the aid of the Spirits. It was commonly used amongst the witches in the series as it was considered a major source of power. Since witches are the servants of nature, and their purpose is to maintain the balance, they used the power that the spirits provide by calling out for them.
Traditional Magic Edit
Traditional Magic is one of the oldest and purest forms of sorcery inherent to the Earth and the forces of Nature. Traditional magic is undoubtedly the most popular form of witchcraft known-to-man, however it is also the most exhausting. This is mainly due to the fact that whenever a witch uses this power they must exert their own energy, causing them to experience symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, and minor nosebleeds.
Ancestral Magic Edit
Ancestral Magic is an form of witchcraft that draws energy from the power of the Ancestors, the totality of all witches who have been consecrated into Mystic falls soil and remain attached to the land as. However, ancestral magic is limited to the area where the witch's ancestors are buried. Without access to the remains, or to the earth in which they're consecrated, witches who practice ancestral magic are powerless. As a result, ancestral witches are very committed to their families and their coven, and the bloodlines of the witch families in the community typically go back centuries.
Witches are born not turned. When two witches conceive a child that child has the ability to wield magic, however their powers don't start to develop until the age of 14.
- Mortality: Based off the fact that witches are still human, they share many of the same weaknesses as non-supernatural beings (e.g. age, decapitation, disease, heart-failure, suffocation, snapped neck, etc.)
- Overexertion: The excessive use of magic could lead to disorientation, nose bleeds, unconsciousness, and if taken to the extreme, death.
- Herbs: Ingestion of certain herbs can cause a witch to lose consciousness and prevent them from using magic for a undetermined amount of time. Another herb, Lobelia flower prevents concentration and the practice of magic and can be used to weaken a witch as one would weaken a vampire with vervain.
- Distraction: Any person, substance, or thing that prevents a witch from giving full attention to their spells can hinder a witch from effectively practicing witchcraft.
- Disbelief: The act of denying or disbelieving in one's potential could cause a witch to inadvertently suppress their magical power.
In RP Rules Edit
- There are 3 known covens residing in mystic falls. The (Name) Coven, The (Name) Coven, and The (Name) Coven. To decide which coven is the leader to the other two, Each leader from all three covens will participate in a ceremony. In this ceremony the three leader will be spelled into a dream like reality where they will battle to the death. Once one of the leaders win, all 3 leader will awaken with no harm done to their actual bodies. This ceremony prevent actually having to kill each other
- The leader to which ever coven wins the ceremony will be the one who speaks for "ALL" the witches when making treaties or anything else. The other two leader will just be the leaders to their covens and nothing else.
- To become a leader of a certain coven two witches will participate in the same exact ceremony. Which ever one wins is name the leader of that coven.
- Because of a treaty with the human's, Although it not required of all witches, they are to help heal the wounded and sick
- Some witches are also required to help with the farmers grow food and work on gardens around the town
Wiki Witch Policies Edit
- Your witch MUST be a part of one of the covens. This is to avoid rouge witches going around and killing vampire/anything supernatural and ruining the peace system going on in Mystic Falls.
- This wiki follows a very strict fairness policy since many of the species here could probably tear each other apart in a matter of days. So, please don't have you witch going around raising the dead and making new species. (Those were kinda exaggerating since a witch who did something like that would die but, yea it got my point across)