Vampires are dead creatures that feed off the life forces of humans. This life force is usually in the form of blood. Most vampires kill people to drink blood they need but, some vampire either drink from blood bags or can resist drinking to much. The emotions of a vampire are heightened, forcing them to need to control their emotions. All vampires have the ability to Compel people which means making the person forget something or making him/her do something the vampire wants them to do. However, vampires cannot become compelled by each other. Vampires also have some kind of "switch" in there mind. This "Switch" lets them turn off there emotions and become carefree and dangerous.
Humans who have consumed vampire blood and died with it in their system will rise undead. The nature of the human's death is irrelevant, however the body must be intact and able to function. Furthermore, the physiological trauma must be sufficient enough for the recipient to actually pass out, since the vampire blood in their system will only heal any non-fatal wounds or injuries that the victim sustained prior to dying. Upon mortal death, the undead body will awaken in a state of transition. In order to complete the transition, within the next 24 hours the person must consume an exceptional amount of human blood, at least a sips worth, or else they will die. Vampires can only feed on human blood to complete the process. Until a Vampire completes their transition, they will be insusceptible to the standard weaknesses of their species (i.e. they can still walk under the sun and enter homes uninvited).
- A wooden stake to the heart will instantly kill a vampire
- If a vampire is exposed to the sun, without a daylight ring, their skin will begin to burn. After a few seconds of exposure the vampire will burst into flames and die
- Magic: Some spells have the ability to inflict pain onto vampires. such as one that causes their blood vessels to burst thus giving them multiple aneurysms, disabling them for a short while
- Sire Line: If the originator (One of the original vampires) of a bloodline is killed with a White Oak Stake, everyone in their bloodline dies within a few hours.
- Vervain: Vervain is a potent herb, and a vampire's most well-known weakness. If a vampire makes physical contact with vervain in any form, it will burn them. If a vampire ingests vervain, the vampire's throat and digestive tract will be burned and they will become feverish and extremely weak. If a human ingests or holds vervain somewhere in or on the body (such as holding it in a hand or pocket, or wearing it in jewelry), the human is protected from vampire compulsion and entitled to free will.
- Emotions: Vampires experience emotions more powerfully than humans. Emotions like love, joy, and happiness are magnified for vampires, allowing them to live life more intensely. Conversely, sadness, depression, guilt, fear and anger are also amplified, causing many vampires to "turn off" their humanity to block out the more painful emotions. After time and practice, the overwhelming sensations of heightened emotions fade as the vampire learns to overcome their emotions without turning off their humanity all together.
- Invitation: Vampires cannot enter a home without an invitation by the owner.
- Werewolf Bite: The bite of a werewolf, which involves injecting a toxic venom into the wound, is extremely lethal to vampires.
- As Vampire do have more enhanced abilities, please do not use them in any overpowered way. Such as, having your Vampire go around town killing human after human.
- Vampires can only be ages 15+ as it would be very strange and disturbing to have a 9 year old vampire going around drinking blood from people.
~In Rp Rules/Treaties~
- Because of a treaty with the humans, Vampire cannot feed of the people from Mystic Falls or at Whitemore college.
- The leader of the Vampires are basically there to keep other vampires in check. To make sure they are following the rules and to attend the council meeting where they can make treaties with other species.
- If another member of the Vampire community decides they would like to be leader then, they must challenge the current leader. The battle will be treated like a boxing match. There will be three rounds